Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The 4th and the 6th

Our Independence Day mini-break went pretty well overall, considering all the picnics we had to truck the whole family back and forth from (and anyone who's raised small children knows that's no mean fete on a holiday). I spent the first half of the week suffering and attempting to recover from a nasty case of mastitis, which I'm pretty sure I picked up trying to calm baby Brynne down with all the nursing at Jason's party on Saturday. I was down and out for about 3 days, but I felt better in time to enjoy the 4th of July. Jason did some yard work in the morning, then we had fun picnicking and swimming at Gigi's house on Thursday. I made a fun red, white and blueberry trifle to take for dessert, and not only was it show-stoppingly-gorgeous, but it turned out DELICIOUS!

Loves to help his dad do yard work. Let's see if this continues into his teenage years...

Always something to smile about outside!

"Please let me in Mom, it's hot out here!"

"Ha! I made it in the door!"
 
Red, white and blueberry trifle, recipe courtesy of Skinnytaste
I NEVER make desserts, so this was a huge accomplishment for me!
 
Learning to swim with Grandma F.

"Lookout Mom and Dad, there's a new swimmer in the family!"

Loving every minute...

Cheering on her bro in her festive dress

"It's a little bright out here, Dad..."


"Ahh, that's what I needed!"

These two are related, can you tell?

With Uncle G. before the inevitable meltdown

Woken from her nap, changed out of sweaty clothes and feeling good enough to party with Grandma F.

No caption needed.
 
On Saturday we attended my cousins's graduation bash at my mom's house. Brady ran around like a wild man for nearly 12 hours straight, and baby Brynne slept almost the whole time! Had I known she was going to sleep like that, I might've been able to relax, but since I kept expecting her to wake up any minute (because that kind of sleep is very unusual for her), I was on edge for most of the party. There's only one picture from that party for that reason. Luckily, it's a good one!

Pre-nap of the century pic with Gigi.

No comments :

Post a Comment