Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Bouncing Her Troubles Away

Sunday was a big day for my little Brynnie-doll, she cut her first tooth! She had been uncharacteristically fussy all weekend so we knew something was up. Judging by the two big lumps on the bottom of her gums, the drooling, and the chewing on everything in sight, we strongly suspected teeth were their way. We were right! I was feeling her gums all day on Sunday, and Sunday evening I finally felt a little shard of the tooth that had cut its way through. How painful that must've been! She was a trooper though, the pain didn't disturb her nighttime sleep habits at all. We had been prepping ourselves for a bad night of teething for no reason--she took it in stride! She is totally opposite of her big brother in this way, he always let us know (and made us pay) when he had a tooth coming in. :)

Because of her fussiness, we brought the bouncer up from the basement on Sunday for her to play with to try and cheer her up. She loved it! She was grabbing at the toys and chewing on them nonstop, and she seemed to really enjoy being able to stand on her own feet for once. Her big brother got super jealous at first, but eventually he warmed up and even gave her an impromptu kiss. Luckily this happened right when I was snapping photos, so I got a picture of it (albeit from a bad angle). I love moments like those, they fill my heart so full that sometimes I'm not sure it's possible to love anything on earth more than I love these two small souls...

"Hmm, what is this thing??"

"Hey, Mom! I can stand!!"

"This is pretty neat!"

"What else is going on here?"

Chewing away on that lower lip.
"I'm gonna get that thing!"

A kiss from her brother. Be still, my heart!

That last picture can make me smile even when skies are very gray. I'm grateful to have been there with my camera when that happened, moments like those are the ones I live for nowadays.

We are off to Finger Lakes this afternoon, pray for us as we venture 4 hours north with two small children in the car! Hopefully we will all make it in one piece with our eardrums fully intact. Blog you soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment