Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Very Fall Sunday

Being fall, and being the fact that I am just beginning my quest to become an *amateur* photographer, I have been dying to get outside in the leaves with Brady and take a gazillion pictures. The weather, however, has been less than cooperative as of late. Last weekend though, the clouds decided to part for a moment, so I jumped at the chance to get outside and take pictures. Brady and I ventured to Grandma and Pop Fischer's house on Sunday for an outdoor session while Jason stayed home and painted Baby Sister's room. Upon arrival (and to my dismay), I found that many of the leaves had already turned brown in Perry County! This was unexpected, because there is still tons of color in Camp Hill. It didn't ruin the day at all though, I still got in some great shots (in spite of a VERY busy toddler who was so excited to play outside that he flat-out refused to look into the camera lens a single time)!













While they're not perfect, I think these photos are pretty darn good! It is always difficult photographing Brady, he is an ever-moving target that wouldn't look at the camera lens if it burst into flames--there is always something more interesting to see no matter where he is. I can't stop taking pictures of him though, he will always be my favorite subject!

Meanwhile, back at home...



Baby Sister's room was turning pink!!


The photo shoot (for us) and painting (for Daddy) was only part of the day. The second part of the day was spent eating some yummy honey-parmesan roasted pork that was slow cooked in the crock-pot all day. Here is the before shot...


and 6 hours later...


As Rachael Ray would say, "YUMMO!"


Once it made it to our plates, it quickly made it into our bellies!


I paired it with some mashed butternut squash and dijon-roasted brussels sprouts. It was the perfect fall Sunday dinner. The SUPER EASY pork recipe can be found here: Honey-Parmesan Slow Cooker Pork. All in all, it was a pretty good Sunday. I hope yours was spent doing something you love too!

No comments :

Post a Comment